Ethical Money Churches
Development Manager – Churches & Congregations– West Midlands
ECCR with its partners the Black Country Urban Industrial Mission and CIGB Workplace Chaplaincy Birmingham Solihull, supported by the Barrow Cadbury Trust, wants churches to contribute to a fair, resilient and sustainable economic system that serves people and planet.
We want to build a community of people in West Midlands churches who are seeking to fulfil their Christian stewardship and ownership responsibilities with regard to the money, savings and assets that are used either by them as individuals and/or on their behalf as members.
We are looking for a Development Manager to promote our Ethical Money Churches project in Birmingham & the Black Country, use the resources that we have developed and work in creative partnership with churches and congregations.
Working from Home, P/time, Flexible Working Hours
- Do you understand theology, economics and business and engage well with principles & questions relating to money, finance & faith?
- Do you have a heart for economic justice and a commitment to growing Christian discipleship in respect of money & assets?
- Do you have the initiative, confidence & personality to engage effectively with churches and inspire church leaders and congregations?
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver projects in a variety of church contexts.
- Enthusiasm in the delivery of training materials.
- Knowledge of and engagement in areas of corporate responsibility, ethical finance or similar.
12 months (with possible extension), part time 2 days per week (8hrs/day) apportioned over a four-week period, working from home with access to Birmingham & the Black Country. £27,300/annum pro rata (£10,920 for 2 days/week) on an employed basis. We will also consider applications on a self-employed basis – £16.25/hr.
Application information available from www.eccr.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/
CIGB has vacancies for volunteer chaplains within:
Contact us for further information
CIGB provides training for prospective volunteer chaplains twice a year: see our Events and Courses page for details.