Address by Jane Jarvis, HR Director at the NEC. Jane spoke at the recent CIGB Commissioning Service.
AGM 2012: Creating Opportunities for Young People
Stephen Willey, Mission in the Economy Officer for Birmingham Methodist District spoke at our May AGM and a lively discussion followed:
Churches responding to the economy
- Volunteering, Unemployment and the Church
- The local church and local business together with Business in Church Premises – a check list
- Reflections and hymns
- Workplace chaplaincy in the mission of the local church
- Strangers into citizens
- Local Enterprise Partnerships – the story so far …
- Lost your job?
- Unemployment Information March 2010
Workplace chaplaincy has always been a pioneer ministry bringing authorised Christians, with a recognised role, into relationship with people with no church connections, offering pastoral support, engaging in conversations about meaning and bringing a specific faith dimension into secular structures.
Below are some downloadable leaflets which you may find helpful:
- Workplace chaplaincy flyer Designed to be suitable for placing at the back of churches, meetings etc., this leaflet offers some information for people who perhaps have never considered chaplaincy.
- ‘Introducing chaplaincy’ This trifold leaflet develops some of the ideas in the above flyer and offers further information.
- Lost your job?. A leaflet designed to be freely available to everyone in this situation – or who knows someone in this situation. This leaflet offers reassurance, useful contacts and practical help and ideas.
Faith and work
Click on the links below to read CIGB newsletters
- LINK December 2012
- September 2012
- LINK the CIGB newsletter July 2012
- LINK May 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- “LINK” the CIGB Newsletter October 2011
- “LINK” the CIGB Newsletter. July 2011
- Newsletter 2010 November
- Newsletter 2008 Autumn
- Newsletter 2008 Spring
- Newsletter 2007 Autumn
Talks from our AGM speakers
Each year the business of the AGM is followed by input and discussion on current economic life. Both the AGM and the discussion are public events and you are welcome to join us
“Reshaping Work” Jerry blackett, Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and The right Reverend David Urquhart, birhop of Birmingham. Reshaping work – Jerry Blackett and Bishop David Urquhart, June 2011
“Change and Renewal” Dr Glynn JOnes, Advantage West Midlands and Barbara Hayes, CIGB. Change and Renewal – Recession & Recovery in Birmingham & Solihull
“Can Climate Change Save The West Midlands Economy?” Peter Braithwaite, Arup and Simon Slater, Sustainability WM Can Climate Change Save the West Midlands Economy